The Embassy of Ukraine in Portugal calls on all foreign nationals/stateless persons who intend to visit Crimea to keep to the new Rules on entry into and exit from Crimea which have been approved by the Ukrainian Government on 04 June 2015.
The Rules were adopted according to the Laws of Ukraine “On protection of rights and freedoms of citizens and the law regime for the Temporarily Occupied Territory of Ukraine” and “On the Free Economic Zone “Crimea””.
The new Rules set the procedure on entry into and exit from Crimea and should be followed by all foreign nationals/stateless persons.
According to the Rules foreigners/stateless persons may enter and exit Crimea through special control check-points (for automobile transport – Kalanchak, Chaplynka, Chongar; for a railway transport – Kherson, Melitopol, Vadym, Novooleksiivka) upon their passports and provided they have been issued with a special permit.
Special permits are only issued when:
1) a foreigner’s/stateless person’s family or close relatives reside in the temporarily occupied territory of Ukraine (relevant documents issued by competent authorities of Ukraine should be submitted);
2) a foreigner/stateless person intends to visit graves of his/her family or close relatives which are located in the temporarily occupied territory of Ukraine (relevant documents should be submitted);
3) in case of death of a member of a foreigner’s/stateless person’s family or death of a close relative who has resided in the temporarily occupied territory of Ukraine (relevant documents issued by competent authorities of Ukraine should be submitted);
4) a foreigner/stateless person has a property located in the temporarily occupied territory of Ukraine;
5) a foreigner/stateless person is participating in measures aimed to protect Ukraine’s national interests and the peaceful settlement of the conflict, liberation of the territory of Ukraine from occupation or for humanitarian reasons (upon consent of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine);
6) a foreigner exercises diplomatic and consular functions, in particular in the frames of international organizations which Ukraine is a member of (upon consent of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine);
7) a foreigner/stateless person is a railway employee and makes regular trips to the temporarily occupied territory of Ukraine.
The abovementioned circumstances should be proved by the relevant documents and submitted along with the application.
Applications for special permits are to be submitted to the regional bodies of the State Migration Service of Ukraine at the applicant’s place of residence in Ukraine and are processed within 5 working days following the date of application.
To apply for a special permit a foreigner/stateless person should submit the following documents:
- an application;
- 3 photos (3.5*4.5 cm);
- passport (to be returned);
- a valid Ukrainian visa, temporary residence permit or other document allowing a foreigner/stateless person to stay in Ukraine;
- a copy of the 1st page of the foreigner’s/stateless person’s passport (the page with the holder’s personal data) with a certified translation into Ukrainian;
- proof of circumstances of the applicant (copies of civil registry certificates, copies of the Ukrainian residence permit issued to foreigner’s family member or a close relative, documents proving the property rights, documents proving the death of a foreigner’s family member or a close relative, details on the graves location etc.);
- proof of sufficient financial funds for the intended period of stay in Ukraine or a letter of guarantee of the inviting party (except for those foreigners who are participating in measures aimed to protect Ukraine’s national interests, or exercise diplomatic and consular functions or those who are railway employees).
Special permits are granted to foreigners/stateless persons 18 and above. Data on minors is inscribed into the special permits of their parents.
Special permits are issued as a single or multiple entry documents depending on reasons for application and documents provided.
The State Migration Service leaves the right to refuse the application.
Full text of the Rules in Ukrainian can be found at the official website of the Ukrainian Parliament.
Please note! Ukrainian embassies and consulates are not authorised to accept applications for special permits or send them to the regional offices of the State Migration Service of Ukraine.
The Embassy of Ukraine in Portugal urges all foreigners/stateless persons to strictly abide by Ukraine’s laws on entry into and exit from Crimea.
Violations of the Rules will lead to legal consequences and those responsible will face restrictions according to the Ukrainian legislation including the ban on entry into Ukraine.